“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”

Friday, August 22, 2008

Good people drink good beer - Flying Dog Ales

I subscribe to many newsletters on the internet but my favourite is the one from Flying Dog Brewery. It's always an interesting read with excellent links to many articles including a blog by George Stranahan. It also has a blog specifically for previous Flying Dog newsletters at FlyingDogBlog.com

Another wonderful section of the newsletters is Ralph Steadman's Art of the Week - a different piece of art in each one courtesy of Ralph; brilliant stuff! To see this and more, visit the general website here: http://www.flyingdogales.com/

A definite must on my to-do-one-day list is to attend the famous Gonzofest which is held this year (2008) at the Brewery in Maryland on September 13 from 3-9pm. Would be an interesting concept for a group of Aussies to attend one of these in the future perhaps ...?? Now, that could be dangerous .....

Ok that's it for now - I'm going back to finish reading the latest Flying Dog newsletter. I just digressed momentarily so that I could write this blog before I forgot to do it (too much absinthe or is it just old age....?)

Anyway, here's another Hunter quote to ponder:

"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits - and millions of Americans agree with me."

2 comments:

josh mishell said...

Well, we'd love to have you at a Gonzofest. Maybe we'll make vegemite with some of our yeast just for you guys.

josh
visual viceroy
flying dog brewery

freakpower66 said...

Thanks for dropping in Josh! An Aussie contingent may be something of a handful for you but if you give us some vegemite, it may subdue us for a little while so that we can be responsible people:)