“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”

Monday, July 14, 2008

Better to have felt fire in the nuts than nothing at all...

Yes "Fire in the Nuts" is indeed a special piece of Hunter literature.... in fact, if I had nuts, I would be feeling fire in them right now.

Buy the ticket, take the ride! Well, I bought my ticket last week and the ride has not stopped since... I fear, fellow fiends, that I have met my match..... Super Geek (AKA Mitch) has been frantically emailing and without a word of a lie, it's almost as if the emails have come directly from Hunter himself (wherever he may be......)

What an amazing experience the last few days have been.... I think that Gonzoism is rampant; it is simply that I had lost touch..... perhaps even lost faith that Australia had more than a handful of fiendish fans... I was wrong. There are many - let the freak list begin!! The party is not worth having with only three of us... (well, it could be) however that would mean more absinthe and bourbon for all of us... but I am not sure my liver is up to the task!

Anyway I will ponder that, but for now, here's a little piece of Hunter wisdom: "If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

Selah

2 comments:

antitraveller said...

jesus fucking christ baby, an australian HST fan blog, lets get it rolling! in time for the release of the new documentary! Yes i'd say there are literally armies of freaks out there in australia, alienated and alone, drinking and smoking in dark rooms scattered across suburbia, psychologically beaten to a pulp from 11 years of Howard, desperate to hear the screams and laughs of other freaks across the wasteland of conservative australia, and by WorldYouthDay Christ and the Pope thats what youve done, finding your blog this morn has truly been a breath of fresh crazy air, so thanks for that, will be in touch.
Yours sincerely,
antitraveller

freakpower66 said...

antitraveller, rolling indeed! Feel free to add your wisdom at any time. Will be a pleasure to keep in touch.