“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”

Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Good Doctor

,.
Yes today is the day! Hunter would have been 71..... It is sad that he is no longer with us in body but in spirit, he lives on stronger than ever. The freaks of the world will celebrate in their own warped way, in every corner of the world.

Myself, well I have plans today to start with a good ol' boy glass of Kentucky Whiskey and then once the stomach is lined, a shot or two of absinthe just for good measure. After that I should be in fine form to sit down, after booting my two teenage sons out of the room, to a furiously loud session of watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas .... If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right! I just hope that I don't end up in the middle of a ******* reptile zoo...

My new book from John arrived today (of all days!) so after I have watched the movie, if I am still even partially coherent, I will begin my "Kitchen Readings".


I do note that the date on this posting is July 17, well in Australia, it is the 18th.... just a little confusion to add to the fire. Does that mean I can celebrate for two days...? Ah Hunter, wherever you may be, I do hope that your soul is at peace. Happy Birthday Doc!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Doc. Wherever you you are I'm sure your ripping it up with the likes of Norman mailer, Kurt Vonnegut, with Tim Russert as referee.