“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Where are we all?

Hello everyone - this is a blog page to unite fellow Hunter fiends in Australia with the view to perhaps one day, organise a party in honour of the late and great Hunter S.

I have heard from a fellow freak in Colorado that there are many of us here in Oz, and yet, I have only met about three people in person (as opposed to the many Hunter fans worldwide on the internet) that I can sit down and openly discuss Hunter related topics with for hours... the rest of the people I meet think I am mad. They do not understand Gonzo and probably never will.

There are many forums and websites to link to, but for now, I just want to get a page up and running and the following weeks will provide more time to spend getting organised with it. In the meantime if you visit and you too are a Freak - feel free to place a comment on the page or email me.

Selah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well let me be the first to leave a comment. First of many i hope. This is a great idea and I'm sure it will take off. Enjoy folks.....

freakpower66 said...

Thanks Marty - it's a great honour to meet up with you again! Cazart

Unknown said...

Greetings from Totally Gonzo and isn't this a cool little thing that we have going between us - lets hope that party idea kicks off!! Why not try our competition in the meantime and drop by the forum for a chat.

Best of luck,

Ron Mexico

freakpower66 said...

Hey Ron - yes the world is at our fingertips really isn't it! Great to be back in touch with you too. I can see that you and Marty have been very busy with your websites. Fantastic stuff! Will drop by your site soon for a visit. Cheers